||ACL Injury Prevention Program
Approximately 150,000 ACL injuries occur in the United States each year and 50% of these injuries are athletes between the ages of 15-25 years. The ACL Injury Prevention Program at Kingston Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab will help decrease your student-athlete’s risk of injury and improve sports performance.
ACL INJURY RATES
- Female athletes participating in basketball and soccer are 2 to 8 times more likely to suffer an ACL injury compared to their male counterparts.
- Joint injuries, such as those to the anterior cruciate ligament, are one of the strongest risk factors for developing osteoarthritis – the most common form of arthritis affecting 27 million adults.
- Up to 50% of those with a diagnosed anterior cruciate ligament or meniscus tear will develop osteoarthritis with associated pain and functional impairment 10 to 20 years after injury.
ACL INJURY RISK FACTORS:
- Weakness in core, hip, knee, and ankle
- Impaired dynamic stability while cutting and changing direction
- Poor technique/alignment with jumping and landing
- Decreased awareness of joint position in space
HOW DO WE PREVENT ACL INJURIES?
- Improve strength, flexibility, and coordination
- lyometric exercises to improve balance and dynamic stability
- Identification of impaired biomechanics
- Sport specific exercises to address at risk movements and improve sports performance
WHY CHOOSE OUR ACL INJURY PREVENTION PROGRAM?
- Taught by licensed Physical Therapists and Athletic Trainer
- Program designed for each individual
- Designed for specific sports movement patterns
KINGSTON PHYSICAL THERAPY’S ACL INJURY PREVENTION PROGRAM CONSISTS OF:
- All training includes 8 sessions over 4 weeks for $200.00
- Instructional classes also available for coaches
- We can also help you in designing a team or school based ACL injury prevention program which can be run by your coaching staff.